What does "Go Green" mean?
Simply put, it means finding ways to reduce our carbon footprint to preserve our environment.
The "Big Question" is what are we willing to do to make it happen? Sometimes the process is easy while other times it requires us to change our habits. That part is pretty tough at times, who likes change? FSIoffice has been working on this change for over 20 years now and we have ideas to share that our consultants will be glad to discuss. They will help you through an evaluation process to discover just how far your company culture can and will go in carbon footprint reduction.
Here are a few ideas beyond the obvious of recycling paper and cans that are available:
- Products produced from recycled and refurbished materials
- Products made from natural ingredients
- Products engineered with mechanisms to accelerate the decomposing process
- Decrease fuel consumption
- Reduce post-consumer waste
- Research options that reduce printed material
Here are some internal processes FSIoffice is using to promote Going Green:
- Ranpak filler rather than Styrofoam peanuts
- Flip version online catalog and flyers
- Back hauling of products
- Motion sensor lighting
- Use of recycled products
- Sprinter vans with lower fuel costs and decreased emissions
- Reduction in paper for order fulfillment and delivery
- Recycling of paper, cans, cartridges, skids and cardboard
- Working with customers to reduce the number of trips each week to their facility (fuel and emission reduction)
- Providing customers with free recycling bins for cartridges and removing and recycling them at no charge to the customer.